Terms and Conditions
1. By entering into a verbal agreement to receive tuition, you are inherently agreeing to adhere to the terms and conditions.
2. 1 week’s notice will be required if you wish to end group tuition. No refunds can be given for any reason for services already rendered, or if you give less than 1 weeks’ notice after that time.
3. Group lessons – the verbal contract is between yourself and Wonderlearn to receive small group tuition charged at £25 (Year 3-6 reduced at present to £22.50) or £30 (year 7– 11 reduced to £27 at present) per hour per child. Group lessons will require one half term’s lessons to be paid for in advance. There is no refund for non-attendance of the group sessions. However, all learning materials for the missed sessions will be available. Any work completed independently from the missed session will be marked.
4. If you wish to reserve a place with more than one term’s notice, a reservation fee of £50 is required. This is refunded in the first invoice if the place is taken. If the place is not taken, the fee is forfeited.
5. Courses and workshops – these require payment in full to secure the place. There is no refund for any days of non-attendance. One week’s notice of cancellation from the first day of the course must be given to receive a full refund. 24 hours’ notice of cancellation is required for workshops. No refund is offered after this time. Payments for courses are non-transferable to other services.
6. All tuition fees are subject to a fair and reasonable increase annually.
7. If a child is deemed unfit to participate in a lesson when a Wonderlearn tutor arrives due to illness or other reason, they will cancel the lesson immediately, and the full cost of the lesson will be charged.
8. If you arrive late for the session, it may not be possible to overrun, and the full cost of the lesson will still be charged. Please ensure prompt pick-up afterwards and by an agreed adult only.
9. Your child will receive tuition at the home address of the Wonderlearn tutor, another hired venue such as the Trinity Centre or at your home address.
10. In term time, lessons will be scheduled at the agreed day and time. During non-term time, you will have to book separate lessons within the published dates if you require extra tuition.
11. The full cost of non-term-time tuition must be paid for at the time of booking. There is no refund for cancellations unless 24 hours’ notice is given. Reasonable attempts will be made to reschedule lessons at no extra cost.
12. Although Wonderlearn tutors will strive to provide the best possible service, they cannot be held accountable or responsible for the academic success or lack thereof demonstrated by your child. Although they will do everything in her power to help grades and skill sets improve, they can offer no guarantee thereto. Full co-operation of any work and homework set is expected of the pupil. Full support from parents is expected, to ensure work set is completed. High expectations of behaviour and a positive working attitude is also expected from the pupil in the lesson. Wonderlearn can terminate the agreement of providing tuition if these requirements are not met.
13. Tutors agree to uphold all the Professional Teacher Standards to the best of their ability. By agreeing to let your child be taught at their home under their sole supervision, you are accepting that they are a responsible and safe adult to work with your child. They cannot be liable for any direct or indirect damages arising from using the tutoring service. If tutoring is happening at your home, another adult must always be present, and a quiet and appropriate room be provided.
14. You must provide any information regarding medical conditions that may be present whilst tuition is occurring and provide the necessary medication beforehand (such as an asthma pump). Tutors are not responsible for any medication taken during the tuition session.
15. Tutors will provide the necessary materials for the tuition sessions. However, from time to time, they will make recommendations of extra materials to buy, which is advisable to adhere to.
16. Wonderlearn reserves the right to make amendments to the terms and conditions at any time that they deem appropriate.
17. COVID: separate guidelines have been given via email for the protection of children’s health during the COVID outbreak . Please read carefully. Attendance is subject to you following and adhering to the guidelines.
October 2020 Version 6