Wonderlean is a professional, personalised tutoring service, for parents and pupils seeking excellence and experience. It was founded by experienced and highly qualified English teacher Mrs Charlotte Watson, to provide invaluable preparation for exams or essential support to improve all aspects of reading and writing.
We offer the following services that have been developed based on the feedback and requests that have been received from parents and pupils:
- Individual Tuition.
- Tailored tuition to peer groups of two and three on request.
- Groups for 11+ preparation from year 3 to 5.
- Groups for year 6 and 7 transitioning to the secondary curriculum.
- Groups for year 8 and 9 preparing for GCSE.
- Groups for year 10 and 11 for targeting ideal grades for GCSE.
- Holiday courses at Easter for GCSE revision.
- Summer courses for 11+ preparation and revision.
- Summer Verbal Reasoning course.
- Summer 11+ mock exams.
- Support for A’ level and university students completing essays and dissertations.
- Consultations for parents.
“Research shows that unless pupils develop a positive emotional attachment to their studies, they will not develop the skills or retain the knowledge they have been taught. It is essential for me that the tuition I provide is meaningful, stimulating, challenging and above all develops qualities such as independence of thought and self-discipline. My aim is to meet the rigorous requirements of the English curriculum at all levels through engaging and inspiring learning experiences. I desire for all pupils to reach and exceed expectations and also develop a passion for the subject of English. Read my testimonials and watch my videos for real-life examples of how I deliver this in practice. The teaching motto I live by is –
‘Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.’ Commonly attributed to W.B.Yeats
Mrs Charlotte Watson BEd (Cantab) MTA
“I have been a teacher all my adult life – at school, my teachers predicted I would follow in their footsteps. I am passionate about children’s learning and development. Throughout my career I have worked hard to get to know and teach every child in my classes as individuals – discovering and nurturing their own unique mix of talents and skills. I have a strong success rate in working with children to achieve the results they need for future schools or exams. I am also a member of the Tutors Association, with a full DBS certificate. Any assistants I use are also trained, qualified and hold a DBS certificate.”
- Part time English Tutor for 10 years from Year 3-GCSE
- Head of English and Drama at a prep school in Banstead
- Senior English Teacher at a prep school in Croydon
- Leading English Teacher roles in various maintained and independent schools in London and Surrey
- Deputy Head and SENCO at a school in Worcester Park
- Gifted and Talented Consultant in London
- Centre Head for Summer Schools teaching English and Drama to children from Hong Kong
- Cambridge University English Graduate
Services include preparation and support for:
10+ and 11+ entrance exams for grammar and independent schools
13+ entrance and Common Entrance exams
Scholarship exams to top independent schools such as Eton, Charterhouse and Westminster
GCSE Language and Literature papers
General essay writing skills
Specific needs and requirements in reading and writing
11+ holiday courses available
11+ skills squad group sessions available in term time
GCSE study group sessions available in term time
Individual lessons available
Schools past pupils have gained places to:
City of London
City of London Freeman’s
Kings College School, Wimbledon
St John’s, Leatherhead
Wallington County Grammar